What types of memberships are offered?
Our facility is open to anyone dedicated to a healthier lifestyle. Our membership types are:
- Humana Associate – A hired an individual that works for and is paid directly by Humana
- Humana Associate Family – Associate + one or more individuals who live at the same residence (16 years or older).
- Humana Contractor – An individual that works for one of Humana’s vendor partners and is onsite performing work for the
- Humana Contractor Family – Contractor + one or more individuals who live at the same residence (16 years or older).
- Community – A community member (16 years or older).
- Community Family – Community + one or more individuals who live at the same residence (16 years or older).
- Senior – A community member who is at least 65 years old
- Senior Couple – Two community individuals who live at the same residence, one of which is at least 65 years old
- Corporate Partner – A business entity
Rates are listed on the membership page.
Who is considered a family member?
Family members are individuals residing in the same household and inclusive of domestic partners. Family members must be 16 years or older to be eligible to join. Wel at Humana may ask for proof of residency.
Is there a registration/enrollment fee?
There is no registration/enrollment fee for Humana associates and contractors. After June 21, the registration fee for individual community members is $25 and $50 for a community family membership.
How can I join?
You can join online or in person. Wel at Humana is located at 522 W. Main Street in Louisville, KY. Hours of operation are Monday – Friday 5:30 a.m. – 10 p.m.; Saturday 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.; Sunday 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Can I bring a guest to Wel at Humana?
We hope you do! Guests are always welcome at Wel at Humana and are free on their first visit.
For subsequent visits, a guest is welcome on the following terms:
- $5 per day accompanied by a Wel at Humana member
- $10 per day unaccompanied by a Wel at Humana member
See management for other considerations or pay in advance options for short-term membership arrangements.
Are memberships paid for monthly or annually?
For associates and/or associate family plans, membership fees occur biweekly via payroll deductions. All other membership types are paid monthly through the MindBody system.
Will the associate utilization discount still be offered?
Yes. Associates who utilize the fitness center an average of two times per week over the course of a calendar quarter (or 24 or more visits in a calendar quarter) will receive a discounted rate of $5 per pay period during the following quarter.
In an associate family plan, only the associate is eligible for the utilization discount. The discounted rate is $13 per pay period during the following quarter.
If I am a member at another Humana Health and Fitness Center, can I use Wel at Humana?
If you are a member at another Humana Health and Fitness Center, you may use Wel at Humana at no additional cost and as much as you like. Associates traveling for work can use Humana staffed fitness centers for free.
Where can I park?
Humana will continue to seek parking options for its members at Wel at Humana to eliminate barriers and increase utilization while minimizing costs.
Parking options for members:
- Street Parking / Parking Meters
- A few spaces in the Humana 515 West Market Parking lot will be made available to Wel at Humana members. Members must register their vehicle with a staff member to gain access to the parking lot. Only spaces with the Wel at Humana parking sign can be used and members can only use the space for up to two hours.
- Humana associates and contractors are encouraged to use their existing parking assignments
Not wanting to drive?
Humana associates and contractors ride TARC free by showing their Humana ID Badge to the driver. In addition, TARC offers free rides on the LouLift, which has routes on Fourth Street and Main/Market.
Biking is another great way to visit Wel at Humana. There are public bike racks along the Main Street corridor for your use. In addition, Humana associates and contractors can take advantage of Humana’s BCycle program – a free bike share program. There’s a station located at Fifth and Main. Also, check out Louisville’s biking program LouVelo – another great way to get to and from Wel at Humana if you’re in the downtown and neighboring areas.
For Corporate Tower Health and Fitness Center members, what will be changing?
Aside from a more innovative, fresh workout experience, here are a few changes you’ll notice when transitioning to Wel at Humana:
- Discontinuation of personal laundry service at Wel at Humana. To deliver on core wellness programs and services while maximizing our new space to offer more showers and more workout equipment and spaces, we will not be offering personal laundry services. We will continue to provide bath and workout towels, complimentary with membership.
- Assigned Personal Baskets. The basket system used at the Corporate Tower Health and Fitness Center location does not exist at Wel at Humana. We have a fee-based cube locker system (door and lock included) for you to keep your personal items in overnight. For associates and contractors, it’s $5 per month for an overnight locker cube. For community members, it’s $8 per month. Full-size and half-size day lockers are available for you to use for free during your visits. The locker rooms on the Lower Level of the Corporate Tower Health and Fitness Center will also be available to use at no cost from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m Monday through Friday.
Are there Racquetball and squash courts?
The Humana Corporate Health and Fitness Center Lower Level will continue to be available Monday – Friday, 6 a.m. – 8 p.m., for recreational use. This will include the racquetball and squash courts, as well as both men’s and women’s locker rooms. Amenities will include shower access, towel service, locker availability, and overnight baskets for use.
o Associates and Contractors: Humana Badge access will be available through both the sky walk entrance and Fifth Street/Vincenzo’s entrance. You will need your Humana Badge to exit the fitness center to enter the sky walk hallway.
o Community fitness center members will collect a Humana visitors badge from the Wel at Humana front desk to enter through the Fifth Street/Vincenzo’s entrance. Humana visitors badges will need to be returned to the drop box located on the second floor when exiting through the Fifth Street/Vincenzo’s exit.
What is unique about Wel at Humana?
Wel at Humana is a wellness center built around the needs of our members. Our amenities comprise a comfortable yet purpose-driven facility that can accommodate the latest fitness training. Wel at Humana is designed to serve the whole person: mind, body and spirit. As a destination for overall wellness, Wel at Humana offers a diverse member experience.
This community supports any person, at any level of fitness, no matter where they are on their wellness journey. That’s what sets Wel at Humana apart from the crowd. We offer a best-in-class fitness experience, and so much more.
Here are some of the benefits of being a member of Wel at Humana:
- EXOS management and certified trainers
- Fully-appointed locker rooms
- Towel service
- Spacious fitness facilities
- Outdoor and indoor turf areas
- A full complement of modern cardio equipment
- Weight-lifting equipment
- Queenax functional trainer
- TRX suspension training
- Group exercise for any fitness level and interest
- Cycling studio, featuring Spivi technology
- Yoga and meditation featuring Somadome
- Massage therapy
- Steam room and sauna
- Recovery room
- Fuel Wel nutrition station
- Retail Logo shop
- Virtual instructor kiosks (WELLBEATS & Fitness On Demand)
- Educational and community programming
- Personalized fitness and nutrition coaching
- Go365 integration
We offer a variety of group fitness classes in Louisville with our memberships. We’re committed to offering the most current trends in programming and to providing high quality, fun and engaging classes. Our class schedule is designed to offer something for every member; and all levels and abilities are welcome. We provide classes like Yoga, Mat Pilates, Cardio Kickboxing, FIT Camp, Zumba, Core-specific Classes, and Total Body Conditioning.
What kind of equipment is in the fitness center?
Wel at Humana offers some of the newest equipment in the industry to members. This includes:
- Upright Bikes
- Recumbent Bikes
- Suspension Training
- Jacob’s Ladder
- Stairmaster Gauntlet Stepmill
- Advanced Cardio Technology on Precor Cardio Units
- EXOS Circuit
- Free Weight Equipment
- Performance Training Equipment
- And much more
What amenities do you offer for recovery purposes?
Wel at Humana believes recovery is just as important as your workout. Here are some amenities we offer to help you fully recover your mind and body:
- Massage therapy
- Steam room and sauna
- Recovery Room equipped with Normatec Chairs, Vibrating Rollers, Hydrospheres and Roller Balls
- Meditation Room equipped with a Somadome
Will there be Childcare offered?
Though Wel at Humana will be offered an extensive amount of amenities, childcare service is not included. If you are interested in getting a membership for the whole family, those rates can be found on our membership page.
What is a Somadome?
Peace in a Pod. Somadome is the world’s first meditation dome. The 20-minute guided or unguided experience combines ancient healing practices with modern technology to promote stress relief, vitality and mind/body alignment. Our mission is to make the world a more peaceful place by providing a sanctuary of wellness that replenishes the whole person. Somadome is an invitation from yourself, to meet yourself; to take a moment to pause, reflect and go within.
How can I stay updated about Wel at Humana?
Monthly newsletters will be sent out to current members of Wel at Humana (this will not include Clocktower members as they have their own newsletter). If you’re not a Wel at Humana member, but would like to receive monthly updates, sign up for our newsletter on the top right side of this page.