Meal Planning Made Easy
When you see the clock approaching 5 p.m. and you’re on empty, do you start worrying about what to cook for dinner? Busy schedules are one of the top reasons why people choose to go through the drive-thru instead of cooking at home. But for many, there may be a solution that can be both healthy and convenient – meal planning! At Wel at Humana, you can now receive your own, personalized meal plan provided by the Performance Dietitian.
Benefits of Meal Plans
- By having a plan – and a grocery list – you will know exactly what your meals will look like and the items you’ll need to buy. This makes grocery shopping both time and cost efficient.
- You’re more inclined to make impulsive food decisions when you’re hungry, so being prepared with pre-planned, nutrient-dense meals and snacks will reduce the likelihood of spending that extra cash on higher calorie options at fast food restaurants.
- After returning from the grocery store, each food item purchased will have a purpose and therefore can reduce the incidence of food waste.
- Get organized and set yourself up for success! If life seems hectic, then having your daily meals pre-planned can help in reducing stress and anxiety. This is also an opportunity to include foods in your plan that can provide key nutrients that will aid in stress management like foods high in serotonin, omega-3 fatty acids, and magnesium.
Nutrition Coaching + Meal Planning
Food is fuel. Changing the way we see and relate to food can fuel our bodies, improve our physical and mental performance, and help improve overall health and well-being. Nutrition is not just an “eat this, not that” approach to meal times. To receive your customized meal plan, register and complete the Performance Quotient (PQ) assessment in EXOS Journey so you can qualify for a complimentary 60-minute nutrition coaching session and body composition testing. For more information on meal plans or any of the nutrition services offered at Wel at Humana, email the Performance Dietitian at firstname.lastname@example.org.
– Heather D. Leger, MS, RD, LD
Wel at Humana Performance Dietitian